Force Science Training July 12, 2013
The Police Officers Labor Council
Law Enforcement Education Program
Force Science Training
Force Science Institute, Ltd.
Instructor: Dr. John Azar-Dickens
July 12, 2013 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The program is a clear presentation of the most cutting edge research into the dynamics of human behavior during life-threatening encounters. We will explore the scientific principles and processes of suspect provocation and officer response. Apply the concepts revealed in research when investigating, reconstructing, recalling or otherwise analyzing use of force. The Force Science Institute uses sophisticated time-motion measurements to document critical hidden truths about the physical and mental dynamics of life-threatening events, particularly office involved shootings.
- Introduction: The problem with misunderstood police shootings
- Enhance investigations through understanding survival challenges: Action and reaction offender behaviors, reactionary shortcuts, interaction/comparison
- Understanding the limits of human perception under stress: Vision, Attention, “the London Study,” training and investigations
- Controversial case study: Synchronous shots, execution shots, extra shots, unintentional discharges, “unarmed” victims
- Facilitation of emotional recovery, working with an officer following a shooting.
Free of charge to first 250 law enforcement officers
Contact Name: LEEP/POLC Offices – Cindy Gallego
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 248.524.3200
Grand Valley State University
Eberhard Center, Room 215
301 W. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Please find your booking link below. You can send it to everyone coming so that they can make their reservations online. For anyone who wishes to make their reservation via phone, please have them call 616.235.7611 and ask for in-house reservations.
Group Code: POL
Thursday $65, Friday/Saturday $115
We have arranged for discounted, double occupancy accommodations one block from training site.
Please refer to the Police Officers Labor Council when making your reservation.